A Code of Conduct provides the essential framework to support the company mission and requirements for employee behavior. While applied across the organization, many companies are debating whether or not cultural, regional, or local differences should be taken into consideration for companies who operate globally, with cross-border operations. Should companies consider additional influences that may modify the Code of Conduct? How might Code considerations look differently in the Middle East versus other parts of the world? How can companies assure that its best practices are carried out across its global workforce? What are the values you need to look at first before you even begin? A panel of experts with in-depth experience working on implementing and modifying Codes of Conduct will provide real world examples on how companies are handling now.
- Aarti Maharaj, Executive Editor and Director, Digital Content, Ethisphere
- Wafa Derouiche, Compliance Counsel Europe, Middle-East and Africa, TE Connectivity
- Jaleel Ghani, Director MEA Compliance, Legal Affairs, SABIC
- Paul Makarus, Senior Director Compliance Governance, Strategy & Metrics, Visa, Inc.
- Lara McGuigan, Compliance Manager, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi